- 1 pint oysters, shucked
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon
- canola oil for pan frying
- Drain liquid from oysters and remove any remaining shell pieces.
- Place oysters in a bowl, add milk and stir.
- Combine flour, bread crumbs or cracker meal, salt and pepper in a small bowl or pie plate.
- Coat oysters individually with flour mixture.
- In a heavy skillet, heat 1/4 inch of oil until hot, but not smoking.
- Fry oysters for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Remove from oil and drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve with sauce or on salad.