Strawberry Walnut Pizza with Mozzarella and Basil
- 1 cup fresh Florida strawberries, sliced
- 1 ball whole wheat pizza dough
- 10-12 thinly sliced fresh mozzarella cheese
- fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup walnuts
Balsamic Strawberry Reduction:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup fresh Florida strawberries, diced
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small pot mix the balsamic vinegar and brown sugar, bring to a boil, reduce, and let it cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add the strawberries and let it cook for about 5-6 minutes.
- In a pan, dry roast the walnuts until fragrant.
- Lightly flour your surface and roll your pizza dough into a 10-12 inch circle.
- Cover your sheet pan with parchment paper and transfer the rolled dough onto the parchment paper, drizzle some balsamic reduction over the dough. Follow with the fresh mozzarella and walnuts.
- Arrange the strawberries and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Once it’s done scatter fresh basil over pizza and drizzle remaining balsamic sauce.
Recipe courtesy of the Florida Strawberry Growers Association and Soni Sinha.